The ingredients for Migraine-free Meatloaf Muffins:
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 finely chopped shallots
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
shredded American cheese to top it off (optional)
This migrainuer's shopping tips:
I have become a little bit of a food snob since being a migrainuer revealed so many hidden food additives as triggers. I eat a diet that avoids "extra" and "unnecessary" ingredients. Therefore when I purchase milk, eggs, cheese and beef I try to buy organic. If I cant find certified organic beef, I buy beef without hormones and antibiotics. When I purchase seasonings I make sure the ingredients contain only the intended seasoning and not "natural flavoring" or "MSG" or any other preservative.
Preparation and cooking:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. I gather my ingredients and chop my shallots and garlic
3. I combine all the ingredients listed above with the exception of the cheese (which is optional as a topping) in a big bowl.
4. I take off my rings, roll up my sleeves and start mashing it all together with my hands.
5. I spoon the beef mixture into a greased muffin tin.
6. I make little thumbprints in the middle of the beef muffins, and stuff them with cheese.
7. I put the muffin tin in the oven and bake them for 25 minutes.
**I served them with some sautéed zucchini and mashed potatoes. Both kids and husband approved.